Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!
This is my new favorite pizza - it is delicious. My sister and I made up this pizza a month or so ago and made it again this weekend. We love it.
- Prepared pizza dough (instead of making our own, we used a ball of frozen dough from the grocery store)
- 3 oz. pesto (we used a jar from the grocery store)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into pieces
- 1 large handful arugula leaves
- 1 lemon, cut in half
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare pizza dough according to package instructions or recipe. Roll out dough to desired size - 14" round works well for this recipe. Place dough on pizza stone or cookie sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 4 - 6 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Spread pesto evenly around crust. Top with peppers, olives, and both cheeses. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately top with handful of arugula leaves. Squeeze 1/2 of lemon evenly over pizza (you may not need all the juice from the 1/2 of lemon; just squeeze to taste!)
3. Slice pizza and serve immediately.
The flavors of this pizza are so good together. We served this with fresh Italian sausage on the side to round out the meal. And of course, a little red wine as well. What good Italian doesn't enjoy a little vino with dinner?
What did you cook this week?
1. Add a link to the post you are linking up back tot his post
2. Add the Tasty Tuesday button to the post you are linking up. You will find the button and code on my sidebar. Thanks!