It took me a while, but I finally finished the BIG quilt I have been working on! It is a queen size quilt and it the largest I've made. It took me a long time, but mostly because I started and stopped on it so much. The sewing part wasn't hard, but cutting all the pieces took a really long time!
The pattern for this quilt was published in the Better Homes and Gardens Quilts and More Magazine, Summer 2015 issue. It was designed by Natalia Bonner (pieceandquilt.com).
Here are a few in-progress shots:
And, the finished quilt!
I tried to do a project without any green in it, but it just didn't happen! I ended up going with a solid green for the edge-banding, and I'm glad I did.
It took me a long time to select a backing for the quilt. I finally found this blue gingham print,and I think it works perfectly with the front of the quilt.
I want to point out that I quilted this using my standard size sewing machine. It was tricky, but after watching a few instructional videos on YouTube, I was able to figure out how to work with a quilt this large on my standard machine.
On to the next quilt...