If you like Thai - you will love this dish! And, it couldn't be simpler. It's a one pot meal - place all the ingredients together in one pot, cook for 10 minutes, and enjoy. It's doesn't get much easier than that! I made this on a Friday night after a long week at work, and it was perfect.
One Pot Thai Pasta Bowl
- 12 oz. pasta (spaghetti or linguine; uncooked)
- 4 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2" section of ginger root; cut into 1/2" long pieces
- 1 large carrot, sliced into 2" long slices
- 1 red bell pepper; sliced into 2" long slices
- 6 green onions; sliced lengthwise and into 2" long pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (I found this in a tiny jar in the Asian section of my grocery store)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Add all ingredients (except for lime juice, lime wedges, and cilantro) to a medium size stock pot. Place on stove and bring to a boil over medium / high heat. Reduce heat to medium / low, and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. If all of liquid is not yet absorbed, cover and let sit, about 5 minutes. Remove ginger pieces and discard. Stir in lime juice.
2. Dish out pasta and top with chopped peanuts, lime wedges, and chopped cilantro for garnish. Enjoy!
I really loved this dish - I'm putting it on my regular meal rotation list.