I've found the perfect summer appetizer! It's fresh, simple, and super easy to put together. What could be better?
Tortellini, Pesto, & Mozzarella Skewers
- Cheese tortellini
- Fresh mozzarella balls
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pesto (prepared or homemade)
- Skewers (the ones I used are 6" long)
* Quantity of ingredients depends on how many skewers you want to make.
1. Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and place in a bowl. Mix in a small amount of pesto so that the pasta doesn't stick together.
2. Assemble skewers. Lay first row of skewers on platter and spoon pesto over the tortellini. Continue layering on assembled skewers and topping the tortellini with pesto.
3. That's it! Serve and enjoy.
All of a sudden, my cherry tomatoes are ripening by the dozen, so this was the perfect appetizer to make. The basil also came from my garden (see this post). It's so nice having fresh produce outside my back door!
Don't the skewers make for a pretty presentation?