Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!
I'm back with another pasta recipe for you. I can't help myself - pasta is by far my favorite thing to eat! This recipe comes from the March 2012 issue of Self magazine. You can find the original recipe right here. This is a really easy recipe and would make a great weeknight meal because it doesn't take long to make. The recipe calls for a food processor, which I don't have, so I used my blender to make the pesto.
- 1/4 cup almonds (I used slivered almonds so that my blender would be able to handle them!)
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 12 sun-dried tomato halves
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 lb smoked mozzarella, diced
- 1/2 lb whole-wheat penne
- salt & pepper, to taste
- freshly shredded Parmesan, optional
In a small pan over medium heat, toast almonds until golden brown, 5 minutes. In a food processor, pulse almonds, parsley, tomatoes, garlic and oil until slightly chunky. Pour into a bowl; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add mozzarella; toss to combine. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain and toss immediately with pesto.
Top with shredded Parmesan and garnish with flat leaf parsley.
Serves 4 (According to Self. If you like pasta, like me, I'd say the serving size is closer to 2.5 -3)
THis tasted great served warm, but I think it would also be a great cold pasta salad recipe for the Summer.
What did you cook this week?
- Add a link to the post you are linking up back to this post.
OR - Add the Tasty Tuesday button to the post you are linking up. You will find the button on my sidebar. Thanks!