Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!
Last weekend I made these delicious pancakes for breakfast. I adapted the recipe from one found in the December 2011 issue of Self Magazine. They are supposed to be a healthier version of pancakes. They were delicious, but I have to say I sort of missed the sweetness you would have with more traditional pancakes. next time I make these I might add just a touch of sugar.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, crushed walnuts or crushed pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium bananas
- 1 cup nonfat or almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
Preparation: In a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Mash 1 banana; in another bowl, mix mashed banana with milk, egg and almond extract. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients; stir until smooth. Add berries to batter. Warm a skillet over medium heat; coat with cooking spray. Measure 1⁄3 cup batter; pour onto skillet. Cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat until batter is gone.
What did you cook this week?
1. Add a link in the post you are linking up back to this post
2. Add the Tasty Tuesdays button to the post you are linking up. You will find the button and code on my sidebar. Thanks!