These days, I'm pretty much surviving on tomatoes and basil. Seriously. My garden is bursting with both and it's fantastic. I had a bunch of cherry tomatoes to use and was excited to come across this recipe - a delicious way to use a good 3 cups of them!
One Pot Pasta with Basil & Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- large handful of basil leaves, torn or cut into small pieces
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 oz. of pasta
- 4-1/4 cups water
- fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, for topping
Add all ingredients to a large stock pot. Heat on stove until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes or until pasta tastes done, tossing often with tongs. Even if all of the water is not absorbed, remove from heat, cover and let additional liquid absorb. Dish out and top with Parmesan. Enjoy!
This pasta is surprisingly creamy for not having any type of cream in it. The tomatoes cook down and create a delicious sauce and flavor. And really, does it get much easier than one pot?