Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!
Thanks again to all of you who stopped over from Bloggers Blog of Note - I'm so glad you are here! Tasty Tuesdays is weekly recipe link party I host. Feel free to link up your recipes or just check out all the great ones linked up!
I have a super easy and really delicious appetizer for you today: Beer Cheese Dip. Now if that doesn't sound perfect for Fall, I don't know what does!
This recipe was published in the October 2011 issue of Grand Rapids Magazine and is from Chef Justin Golinski of Founders Brewing Co. I adapted it slightly, just changing a few quantities.
I didn't have any Founders beer so I used a pale ale from Bell's.
This recipe is so easy - it only takes a few minutes to put it all together
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup smoked Gouda, shredded
- 6 oz of beer, your choice. The original recipe calls for an IPA
- 1 cup baby spinach, rough chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
Preheat oven to 325. Combine and mix all of the ingredients thoroughly in a medium sized mixing bowl. Transfer to baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes. Stir once, halfway through cooking time. If desired, set under broiled for a minute to brown top of dip. Serves with tortilla chips, pita chips, or toast point.
See, I told you it was easy!
What did you cook this week?
1. Add a link in your post back to this post.
2. Add the Tasty Tuesday button to your post. You will find the button on my sidebar.