It's the last week of October. Can you believe it? I can't! I feel like it should be the last week of August! I was going through my blog archives this weekend and came across this recipe (originally posted here in October 2011). I thought I'd re-post it because it seems like the perfect treat to make this week for Halloween. I just love how festive it looks and it's delicious too.
I found this recipe while browsing through Woman's Day Magazine. Click here for the original recipe.
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups white chocolate chips (about 18 oz)
- 2 cups mini pretzels or broken pretzel pieces
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup candy corn
1. Line an 8- or 9-in. square pan with 2 sheets of parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, about 2 minutes; beat in the vanilla.
3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave according to package directions.
4. Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in the pretzels and cherries (or cranberries). Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and top with the candy corn. To make the fudge look a little prettier, I also added more cranberries and pretzels to the top. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
5. Using the overhangs, transfer the fudge to a cutting board and cut into 1-in. pieces. Serve in mini cupcake liners, if desired. Keep refrigerated.